Social Media Tools
What are Social Media Tools
Social Media includes applications and tools on the Internet that allow for social interaction, collaboration, participation and engagement. Popular social web tools include 'participatory' platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Documents, and YouTube.
What is the purpose of Social Media Tools
Social Media supports collaborative learning and projects while aiding in the continued development of technological skills. Social web tools make group projects easy to coordinate and execute by offering a communication environment accessible from any place and at any time.
How to use Social Media Tools
There are tools and options in OWL that can help you get started using social media.
- Enable the Wiki tool: wikis allow for collaborative page building.
- Use the Forums tool: using OWL's grouping function you can create forums for specific groups to create a space where that group can collaborate.
There are also several options outside of OWL in terms of social media.
- Create an external blog that students can post to. There are several free blogging services available, including Blogger, Tumblr, and Wordpress.com.
- Use a cloud-based document editing service which allows for live collaborative editing of documents, such as Google Documents.
- Create groups using social media networks. Facebook offers several options for creating groups and pages.
- Microblogging using a platform such as Twitter may also be conducive to your project depending on what type of content you are aiming to generate.
|Usage & Account Set Up|